Anyone who likes to eat Hokkaido bread anyway and wants to try making it by yourself. This recipe is made with wet flour to make bread softer. And paint an egg on the bread to make it shiny.
Wet powder ingredients (Tangzhong Method)
- 125 grams of water
- Bread Flour 25 g
- Bread Flour 175 g
- 100 grams of cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 grams of sugar
- Fresh milk or evaporated milk 30 grams
- Whipping cream 45 g
- Eggs 45 grams (beaten eggs and weighed The rest are to be painted on the bread)
- Yeast 5 g
- 25 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Wet flour (TongZhong) 100 g
1. Sift bread flour and cake flour together, set aside.
2. Vanilla flavor can be added with liquid at first.
How to make wet powder (TongZhong)
- Mix water and bread flour in a saucepan or pan. Stir the mixture over low heat, stirring until the batter thickens, stir for another minute until the batter is cooked well, pour it into a bowl, cover with plastic cover or cover with a lid. Set aside to cool
How to make Hokkaido bread
1. Add evaporated milk, whipping cream, egg, yeast and wet flour (will make bread softer), or use a whisk until combine. After that, put the sifted cake flour and bread flour into a mixing bowl. Followed by sugar and salt. Beat until the batter starts to come together.
2. Add the butter and vanilla extract. (Can be added when mixing liquids) Continue to beat the batter for 15-20 minutes or until the dough is smooth and stretched into a film. Gather the flour tightly into a round shape and rest the dough to rise for about 1 hour or until the dough is 2 times fuller.
3. After that punch the wind. Then bring the flour into 3 equal parts, roll into a round ball and rest the dough to loosen 10-20 minutes.